Sunday, January 2, 2011

2011 Art Goals and What's Coming Up (so far)

Happy New Year to you and yours!

I have created a list of my art goals for 2011:

Stay with my vision, without straying, but being sure to grow.

Create new work in different sizes on boards.

Try working with cut/construction fence-like images with layers of mylar.

Learn more about paints and gels and mediums. I rarely take classes, but I'm taking a class about them in mid-January. I have been experimenting on my own, but it will be good to attend this class as my work is moving from fiber/mixed media, and more toward painting/mixed media. If you ask me a question about sewing, painting on fabric and etc I can easily answer. If you ask me about gels and mediums and I can't, so the class will be very helpful.

Investigate new one and two person show opportunities.

Send portfolios to more Art Consultants.

Keep posting my art news and thoughts here on my blog, as well as on my facebook page and twitter, and my monthly newsletter.

Send pictures of my 2009 and 2010 work to the feds for copyright registrations. I neglected to do it in 2009 and I really must ASAP. It's very important.

Take full advantage of my new studio space, which I am really enjoying.

Apply for art grants.

In the fall of 2011, design a 2012 12-month wall calendar.

Investigate any new art related opportunities that come my way.

Continue working on my freelance web design business, continuing to look for part-time employment, keep volunteering in my community, and much much more.

Coming up so far in 2011:

thINK, the Boston Printmakers Members 2010 Show, is on exhibit in Huntsville AL at the Huntsville Museum of Art through January 30, 2011. Then the green section will be at the Walnut Hill School in my hometown of Natick, MA from February 28 - March 31, 2011, and then it will continue traveling through 2012.

I will be in an exhibit called Stretch, with artists Aimee Miller and Lesley Patterson-Marx, at Tennessee State University's the Hiram Van Gordon Memorial Gallery, in Nashville, TN from January 17 - February 25, 2011.

In April, I will be attending the 2011 Conference on International Opportunities in the Art, presented by the Transcultural Exchange, and I will also have portfolio reviews with three Massachusetts gallery directors. I look forward to learning and networking with those in attendance.

In May I will be spending two weeks in an art residency at the Vermont Studio Center. I can't wait for my first residency experience!

That's a healthy start to the new year. As more events start to firm up, I will share.

I look forward to a good year of creativity, and I wish you the same.