Thursday, December 17, 2009

12 x 12 x 12 December 2009



The first two weeks of this month were extremely busy, but I still made the time to get my 12 x 12 x 12 December 2009 piece done. Working on this series has been my time of calmness as well as creativity. Since I'm still thinking about creating more large fence-like cut pieces (like Orange Construction Fence Series #32/71 and my outdoor installations), I wanted to continue with this theme when creating my December piece, like I did for my November piece.

Since the 12 x 12 x 12 series are mounted on canvases when complete, I couldn't cut holes in it unless I also cut holes in the canvas, so I cut holes in the painted fabric, and placed a patterned fabric behind it, to give the allusion of a cut piece.

More information about 12 x 12 x 12 December 2009 can be seen on my website.

If you want to know more about this series, you can read past posts about my 12 x 12 x 12 series here on my blog, or see all of the completed work on my website.

I have now completed my third year of my 12 x 12 x 12 series. I'll post pictures of all twelve together in a few weeks when I review my year of creating.