Friday, October 2, 2009

Strange Email Discussion


Sometimes I get the strangest emails in response to a post on my blog. Here's one from a few days ago...

emailer: "Are you still accepting submissions for the 2010 biennial ? :-)"

me: "Hi, what biennial are you asking about?"

emailer: "The Whitney   :-)"

me: "You are kidding, right?"

emailer: "I will take that as "Buddy, your many months late." I am on the Whitneys email list, but I wrongly guessesd that they would mention the submission date. Oh well, :-)"

me: "Why do you think I am picking the work for the Biennial? I have no affiliation with the Whitney. I am an artist living and working outside of Boston."

emailer: "OOOOOOOOOOPS, silly me. I hope the Patriots make the playoffs! Have a Great life, :-)"

The back story (I think) is that I posted about the Whitney Biennial in December 2008, that included a NY Times article about the curators for the 2010 exhibit.

I've re-read my post a number of times, and I still can't figure out why this guy wrote to me. When I told a few people about our back and forth emails, they thought it was pretty funny, and that's why I'm sharing it. The name of the guy who wrote to me has been removed. I don't want to embarrass anyone. Just wanted to share a few minutes of strangeness.