Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Make Me A Super Model


For the catwalk on last week's Make Me a Super Model (Episode 7) on Bravo TV, the clothes were made with recycled materials.

As an artist, I was very interested in watching different clothing designers create the clothing the models had to wear, on the spot, with only a few minutes. Available materials were used clothing, as well as pleated window shades, insulated fabric, plastic bags, paper packing material (my favorite), scrap fabric, and etc. Very Project Runway-esque.

These pictures don't show enough detail, but they're the best I could collage together. The "dress" on the left was made out of the crinkled paper packing material, and was my favorite.

If you want to know why I'm watching Make Me a Super Model, read my March 19th post.

Continued good luck to Colin!