Sunday, December 7, 2008

Another Sweater


I couldn't help myself. I have an old Ann Taylor sweater from the sales rack 8-10 years ago, that's very comfortable, with a nice zipper closure, but I felt that it was a little boring. I've been trying to think of how I could tweak it to make it more funky, and I couldn't come up with anything. Then, all of the sudden I realized that it would be fun to give it a collar and some patch pockets.


In the attic was an old sweater that may have been my husbands (?) that I had already cut up for some other project. It has a nice black/white/grey knitted herringbone type of a pattern, that I thought would work well with this sweater. I cut four few strips that were 1.5" tall and sewed them on to make the "collar". Then I added the two patch pockets in the front, because it needed some balance.

The collar is reminiscent of the peter pan collars from yesteryear, which I have always been fond of. Now the sweater is funkier, and I'll enjoy wearing it as though it was brand new. Total dollar cost = nothing. Total time = 20 minutes.

You can see other sweaters I've tweaked by clicking here.