Thursday, December 11, 2008

2008 Weekly Mixed Media Project


It's been a busy week, so I rushed to make my 50th Weekly Mixed Media piece this year. The front is above, and below is the back side. Fifty created, two more to go.


I used scraps from last week's piece, and added some other brightly colored scraps to perk it up. I have a lot of scraps left over from doing this project every week this year.

Because I wasn't totally paying attention when I was getting started with the felting machine, I broke a needle. Grrr. Two more weeks left, and two more needles in my drawer. I guess I should take a walk to the sewing store and get another half dozen or more needles. I hope they have them in stock because The Fabric Place, where I also could have gotten needles, closed last week.

The reason I've been so busy is that I've been helping my friend Jon, who owns Cocoapelli Chocolates, box chocolates. It's his busy time of year. If you are in need of chocolates, I highly recommend Cocoapelli Chocolates. They are made by hand, and are absolutely delicious.

You can see my 2008 weekly mixed media work (so far) on my website, and read about it here on my blog.

* * * * * * * * *

Please visit SmallArtShowcase.com, and TheFineArtDepartment.