Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Vintage Fashion and Textiles Show & Sale


I went to the Vintage Fashion and Textiles Show & Sale in Sturbridge MA, with an art friend, yesterday. What fun!

Besides all of the antique clothing and shoes, there were a lot of fabrics, ribbons, trims, patterns, quilts, buttons, and etc from many different eras. I got an assortment of black trims, including some black, and purple, ball fringe for the next time I have a pair of pants to decorate. I also got a nice assortment of black netting with different patterns, some sheer black fabrics, and a piece of this black and white cotton fabric.


I must confess that the real reason I went was to try to find a pair of eyeglass frames, which I did for $20. I hope that my optician thinks they are sturdy enough to put prescription lenses in, because I have wanted vintage eyeglasses for a very long time.


The Vintage Fashion and Textiles Show & Sale was only open yesterday, but they'll be open again on Monday July 7th and Monday September 1st. I'm going to try to go again one or both of the next times.