Friday, April 25, 2008

Fat Envelopes


When applying to shows, you never know if the fat envelope you're getting back is your slides (or CD) or a congratulations for being accepted. I recently got this envelope, and there was no question what the news was.

Inside the envelope was my acceptance in the Fall issue of a magazine called Studio Visit Magazine. This magazine is a juried book with the work of about 150 2D and 3D artists, that will be sent to 2000 galleries, curators and art collectors across the US. It will include an image of my work, an artists statement and my contact info. I am always happy to be accepted in to exhibits, books and magazines, but to be accepted in something that is multi media, instead of only fiber, is wonderful news for me.

I'll post info about the Fall Studio Visit Magazine when it is available.