Friday, September 7, 2007

Confetti as Inspiration


For the past few months I've been blogging about the condos that are being constructed at the "Natick Collection," (otherwise known in in the Boston area as the Natick Mall) which have inspired me to create some new work. I've just finished two large pieces, and will post them as soon as I have photographs.


In the mean time, there was a grand opening celebration this morning at the "Natick Collection", because they just more than doubled in size. What's a party without confetti?!?! I had to take a picture of it as it was in mid-air, as well as on the ground. I was very inspired to put a handful in my pocket, to use in a small quilt, but I'm not making a quilt a week this year, so I didn't do it.


I was equally as inspired to grab a handful of this confetti in mid-August, after a parade in the North End of Boston.