Wednesday, February 1, 2023

New Work in Progress: Dates in a Life Walking Project 2023


Here is January in my new work in progress on my Dates in a Life Walking Project 2023, a year-long painting documenting the number of steps I walk each day. I've documented my steps in paintings for the years 2016 through 2022 and I decided to do it again in 2023.

The base monoprinted grid is multi-colored which I hope will look good with the Iridescent Bronze background paint that I am using to signify the days days I am home or away vs. when I'm in the office at work (or at a work conference as I was one Saturday), all of which have an influence on the number of steps I walk each day. Documenting days off is the opposite from what I did in 2022, when I documented days at work. Black icons are the number of steps by the thousand but under 10,000, and the red icons are the number by the thousand 10,000 or over.