Sunday, June 30, 2019

Update: Dates in a Life Project 2017


I've started to collage the number of steps I walked each day for my post-dated Dates in a Life 2017 painting. The icons represent each thousand steps in black and over 10,000 steps in red. These photos show January through April collaged in place. 

In 2019, and in 2018, steps are added usually on Sundays because they are/were yearlong paintings. The fabric is/was hanging on the wall as I work/ed on it to free up my table for other projects. Because I have the data from 2016 and 2017 in my iPhone, I'm creating both paintings now, with the fabric lying flat on my work table.

All four paintings are for an exhibit I'm going to be in next winter. More info about the exhibit will be available in a few months. In the mean time, I'm enjoying working on 2016 and 2017 while I'm working on 2019 as it happens.