Monday, July 21, 2014

New Work: 12 x 12 x 12 July 2014


The 12 x 12 x 12 July 2014 is a combination of an acrylic "skin" of multiple square photos of details from a 12' length of fabric monoprinted in multiple colors, over a black monoprint of a construction fence on white fabric that is stitched.

I was going to cut the skin up and tile it inside the stitched grid, but decided it was too time consuming for this project, given my schedule. Instead it's applied over the stitching, which adds texture to the flatness of the skin.

The 12 x 12 x 12 monthly series is my monthly time to play with materials or an idea. This is my eighth year working on this series. Each piece is mixed media on 12" x 12" x 1" board. You can read past posts about this series here on my blog, or see all of the completed work on my website.