Sunday, June 8, 2014

New Work: 12 x 12 x 12 June 2014


My June 12 x 12 x 12 is a colorful combination of a monoprinted construction fence, combined with painting and a detailed photograph of the same, layered on top.

I have recently started to work with a lot of color, instead of working mainly in black and white with minimal color. This piece offers me SO many possibilities, and I'm very much looking forward to pushing this a lot further. I have many ideas for many new pieces, in different sizes, in a variety of series, and I can't wait to get to work on them. Please stay tuned for updates.

The 12 x 12 x 12 monthly series is my monthly time to play with materials or an idea. This is my eighth year working on this series. Each piece is mixed media on 12" x 12" x 1" board. You can read past posts about this series here on my blog, or see all of the completed work on my website.