Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Update: Drop Cloth Collage with Fence Series

I've updated and added to the paintings in my new series, Drop Cloth Collage with Fence. There are now eight.

After I posted some of these pieces on my blog over the past few weeks, I decided that a few were just not quite finished, so I reworked the ones that needed it, and now I feel good about all of them.

Drop Cloth Collage with Fence #1

Drop Cloth Collage with Fence #2

Drop Cloth Collage with Fence #3

 Drop Cloth Collage with Fence #4

 Drop Cloth Collage with Fence #5 

Drop Cloth Collage with Fence #6

 Drop Cloth Collage with Fence #7

Drop Cloth Collage with Fence #8 


The Drop Cloth Collage with Fence series is created with pieces of my drop cloths that are collaged on stitched and monoprinted textures of orange construction fences that are mounted cradled board. They measure 10" x 10" x 1.5".

You can see all eight in the Drop Cloth Collage with Fence series on my website, along with more information about the series.

I have been planning on this being a 12-piece series, but now I am reconsidering that decision. I’m going to switch gears and work on a more abstract series for a while, and then revisit possibly adding more to this series.