Friday, July 6, 2012

Installation Plans



Weather permitting (and it's looking very good as I write this), I will be installing Fence/Curtain 2.0 at the Boston Center for the Arts starting on Monday, with two helpers. This is what I'm planning to do with the 80+/- feet of the monoprinted, painted, and stamped fabric I've been working on:

- make a fabric "fence" in the lower garden with two 16' lengths.
- wrap the trunk of a tree that measures 93" around with one 16' length, use the extra fabric to drape and possibly wrap among some of the branches, and maybe add another 16' length
- wrap the trunk of a tree that measures 55" around, and include a slight drape.
- wrap misc parts of trees and shrubs in the garden.
- wrap some of the railings near the building.

I have an extra 16' piece in my studio that I can cut holes in if I decide I need a bit more fabric, but I think 80' should be plenty.

I'm basically going to do a Jeanne version of yarn bombing, but with fabric instead of yarn.

Please join me at the Opening on Friday July 13th at 6pm, rain or shine. Join me in introducing you to this new installation, which will be on exhibit from July 13 - October 31, 2012.

The picture above is a Photoshopped sketch I made of the fence part of the installation. Real pictures will be posted next week after installation.