Friday, April 22, 2011

12 x 12 x 12 April 2011


Because it's my monthly time to play and experiment, I decided to use some samples I created in the Image Transfer Techniques Workshop I attended earlier in the month in my April 12 x 12 x 12.


I made some acrylic "skins" of one of my construction fence patterns, and some image transfers on two different kinds of "skins," which I applied on top of monoprinted and stitched fabric after I attached it to a board. After the skins were in place on top of the fabric, I added a layer of Golden Self Leveling Gel. I'm liking the way it makes the different layers appear more as one.


The 12 x 12 x 12 monthly series are mixed media on 12" x 12" x 1" boards. If you want to know more about it, you can read past posts here on my blog, and/or you see the work I've created in this series since January 2007 on my website.