Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Reality TV Meets Contemporary Art


Starting tonight at 11pm on Bravo TV, "Work of Art: The Next Great Artist."

You can read an opinion piece about it on the LA Times' Culture Monster blog, and here's another on Big Red and Shiny's blog.

I'm not sure if I can make it up late enough to watch, so my DVR is set just in case. I'm not a meat loaf lover so I won't be running to the fridge. I'll watch and see what happens.

- - - - - - - - - -

Note: A few hours after I posted this, I read the review "Questions about art get a jolt of reality TV" by Sebastian Smee in the Boston Globe (June 9, 2010). Instead of the TV critic reviewing the show, one of the Boston Globe's art critics reviewed it. I would have expected an art critic to rip the show apart, but he didn't. I found his review interesting, and now I'm intrigued.