Monday, March 29, 2010

Opening Reception Thanks


Thank you to everyone who came to the Opening Reception for Walls and Webs, the two-person show I'm in with Catherine Carter at the Narrows Center for the Arts in Fall River MA.

It was fun meeting new people and also seeing old friends at the Opening. I really enjoyed sharing the new work I've made since the start of 2010, since it's a departure for me. Almost everything is mounted on cradled boards, and a few pieces are on stiffened fabric. No quilting.

For anyone who couldn't make the opening, Catherine and I will be at the gallery on Friday, April 9, from noon to 5pm. You stop by and see the show and say hello, all at the same time. Click here for directions (in PDF format).

Walls and Webs will be on exhibit at the Narrows Center for the Arts through April 17, 2010.

If you can't get to the show, you can see images of my work in the show on my website, and Catherine's work on her blog.

Thanks to Kevin Seward for the photo looking through one of my Weathered Fence pieces to another Weathered Fence. I apologize for showing so many of these pictures on my blog, but the views are fun for me to see after having the images of these pieces in my head for such a long time.