Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Another New Series in the Works


Ever since I created Orange Construction Fence Series #17/36 in 2005, I've wanted to make more work that incorporated slivers of fences. This is a detail from that piece, which is my inspiration for some additional new pieces I'm working on on cradled board.

I need to think of a name for these pieces, which will be 18" x 18" when completed. Maybe it should be called "Slivers of Fences" or something similar.

Two are almost finished and I'll post them ASAP. My plan is to have a total of six in this size complete before Catherine Carter and I hang our show "Walls and Webs," at the Narrows Center for the Arts in Fall River, MA, the second week of March. I can't say that any or all of these pieces will be hanging in the show, but I want to have them ready, in case there's a place for them on the walls.