Wednesday, May 21, 2008

12 x 12 x 12 May 2008


I have many scraps of printed fabric from the past four Orange Construction Fence pieces I have been working on. I don't know if it was a good idea or not to use another scrap, after creating two other variations of my monthly series this year, but May has been slipping away, and I wanted to make something because the month is getting busier and busier each week.

So, I did use the scrap, along with a piece of black silk that I had monoprinted a while ago. With the two pieces of fabric, I made a collage, and then stitched and stitched and stitched, to create a lot of texture. The main reason I work with fabric is because I like the bas relief the sewing creates. If I didn't have that option, I would work only with paper.


If you want to know more about this series, you can read past posts about my 12 x 12 x 12 series here on my blog, or see all of the completed work on my website.