Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Copyright Registrations for Art Work


A few weeks ago I printed out images of the most of the work I created in 2007, because I was getting my copyright registrations up to date. I registered what I could then, but I still have some images to photograph, before I can register the rest of my work for the year. If you are an artist, I highly recommend that you visit the The US Copyright Office's website and fill out and file copyright registrations for your art work! The main information artists need is on the Visual Arts page. It's quite simple and quick to do, and it is not at all expensive. I've been advised that it's better to register each individual piece, but if you create a lot of work, and money is an issue, you can group many pieces together and register them in one application.

You can read my other post about why this is so important here.