Tuesday, October 9, 2007

The Uncommon Quilter


I am pleased to announce the publication my new book, The Uncommon Quilter, published by Potter Craft (Random House).  An accessible combination of how-to and journal, The Uncommon Quilter is for quilters, sewers, paper- and mixed-media artists, as well as for anyone who appreciates contemporary visual art. 
 
The book is based on my experience creating one small art quilt every week from 1999 through 2005.  There are 52 quilts featured with illustrated instructions, and a text that describes the inspiration for each creation.  The book shows how to create unique artwork using everyday materials and found objects.

There is a review of my book in the October/November 2007 issue of Quilting Arts magazine, or you can read it by clicking here.
 
I am pleased to also announce the following event this Sunday:
 
DeCordova Museum and Sculpture Park 
Store @ DeCordova 
51 Sandy Pond Rd
Lincoln, MA 01773 
Book signing: Sunday, October 14, 2007, 2 - 4 p.m.

All book signing events will be listed on TheUncommonQuilter.com, and here on my blog. 
 
To all my friends and family who have been supportive and encouraging through this process of conceiving, writing and publishing this book, I am so thankful - and also relieved that this day has arrived! I especially want to thank Karey Bresenhan, the Director of the International Quilt Festival, and the Author of Creative Quilting; The Journal Quilt Project, for writing the Foreword for my book.

Comments are not turned on on this blog, but I do want to hear from you. If you have questions or comments about my book, or if you create one of the projects in the book, or made your own variation and want to share it with me, please don't hesitate to write to me. My email address is jeanne@jeannewilliamson.com.
 
I hope you enjoy The Uncommon Quilter!

Sincerely, Jeanne Williamson