Thursday, August 23, 2007

Color!


It's a colorful time of summer. Very inspirational. The Coleus (seen above) is growing in the planters in front of my house. I have no idea what the flower is below. It's growing in a neighbor's garden. It looks tropical, and I don't think this is a plant that normally grows here in Massachusetts.


----------------------------
Later in the day, I received an email from Sue Reno, which identified the flower above. "The lovely yellow/orange flower on your blog is a canna lily. There are lots of varieties; not sure what this one is. You are right, they are a tropical species, to grow them in the north requires digging up the rhizomes in the fall and storing them in the basement. It's well worth the effort; mine are hummingbird magnets!"

Thank you Sue! I really appreciate this information! - Jeanne