Friday, June 22, 2007

Printing/Painting on Fabric


I decided to grab a little time and print four pieces of fabric so I would have them ready to work on this summer. I'm planning on using some of the images of buildings I posted on May 21st, as inspiration for my new work.

My printing (and sewing) table isn't wide enough for a full width of fabric so I lay pieces of plexiglass and some other hard white surface (that I don't know the name of) that I bought at Home Depot on my table, and tape them together to make a wider printing surface. The construction fence gets taped to that, and the fabric gets taped on top of the fence. Then I get to work with my fabric paint. Here's the first piece of fabric printed and ready to be hung up to dry in my shower, since I have no where else to hang it.