Monday, June 11, 2007

Printing/Painting on Fabric


I am totally enjoying the result of how different fabric paints do or don't penetrate the fabric, and what the back side of the fabric looks like in comparison to the front (painted) side.

This is both sides of the piece of fabric, that is one of my two interpretations of the building under construction near the ICA in Boston. The left side of the picture above is going to be the back (hidden) side of the fabric, and the right side will be the front (showing) side. When completed, this piece will be Orange Construction Fence Series #52. The stitching is almost complete. I'll post the finished piece after I've been to the photographer.

I made another version that will be Orange Construction Fence Series #53, and will post the images of both sides of the fabric shortly.