Tuesday, May 8, 2007

12 x 12 x 12 May - continued


I took my May 12 x 12 x 12 piece over to an artist friend's studio to critique it. While neither of us had many ideas, but we both agreed that this piece lacked a certain contrast and finished feel. We discussed possible overlays of a sheer fabrics. Later in the day, I pulled out some sheer fabrics, that had some black and white on them. I cut various pieces and placed them on the piece, but nothing really excited me. Then I pulled out a sheer white that had small black dots scattered randomly. I felt that strips of this sheer, going diagonally across the piece would be a good solution. I stitched and down, and I am much happier with it than I was a few days ago.

You can see how this piece looked before I updated it in my entry on Friday, May 4, 2007.