Saturday, January 16, 2021

New Pandemic Painting in the Works

 

Since the pandemic started 44 weeks ago, my husband and I have been working at home, and we've had fun making the bed each morning and playing with the placement of the pillows. Before the pandemic I quickly made the bed without thought before going to work. 

Most of the 60 photos I have are his playfulness, though some are mine. We actually started playing with the pillows in mid-late March 2020, but I didn't think to photograph them until May or June. 

This is a "sketch" for a new painting about it that I am finally starting to work on. I'm going to cut the color printouts of the photos a bit larger so they fit in the "holes" of the monoprinted and stiffened construction fence fabric. 

I think the title for this painting will be "Pandemic Pillow Play" but that may change.