Sunday, November 1, 2020

Work in Progress: Dates in a Life Project 2020



An update about my walking painting through October. My Dates in a Life Project 2020 is a year-long painting project documenting the number of steps I walked, and the number of flights of stairs I climbed, each day. 

Walking is great exercise as well as a stress reducer for me. I'm trying to keep my steps over 10,000, but with less sunlight, work being busier, and doing fall and winter house and yard prep, it's been a challenge to walk as much as I did in the spring and summer. (All of the red shapes signify walking 10,000 steps.)

One set of marks still not reflected on this painting yet is bike riding. I bought a pandemic bike at the end of May, which I have ridden some but not a lot. I'm still trying to decide how to best make marks reflecting the number of miles I ride, in addition the number of steps I walk.

This painting is mixed media on stiffened fabric. I keep track of my steps and flights of stairs using the Pedometer app in my iPhone.