Sunday, September 13, 2020

New Work in Progress: Blood Donation Painting



I've been working on my blood donation painting, trying different layouts, like this one. I also  experimented with the square shapes tighter, but I think I'll go with this more spread out view.

I decided to make this painting because after donating my kidney in October 2019, I want to do more to physically help others, and I decided to give blood.

 

A few weeks after my blood donation, I found out through the Red Cross that my blood was sent to Holy Family Hospital in Methuen MA to help a patient in need. 

 

That's totally inspired me to donate again. I already have my next appointment scheduled.


The next step in this painting is to attach all the square shapes to the red gridded background. Then additional steps afterward.