Sunday, June 9, 2019

New Work in Progress: Dates in a Life Project 2017


While working on my 2019 painting about walking, I’m preparing to make paintings for 2016 and 2017 since I have the data on my iPhone. I’m going to be in an exhibit this winter with an artist who documents her swimming, and I need more than my two 2018 and 2019 paintings to show. 

This photo is of the stamps I’m making for 2017. I added up the steps I walked so I know how many stamps to print. 

The blue printed fabric in the upper left will be the background of that painting. After I finish stamping, I’ll stitch the fabric and stiffen it. Then I’ll collage the stamps on it, representing the number of steps each day.

2017 was a milestone birthday year for me. I’m thinking about something special to do for either my birthdate, or before, on and after. I have plenty of time to consider my options.