Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Update: Dates in a Life Project 2019


I can't believe it, but we're a third of the year through 2019, and that means I'm a third of they way through the Dates in a Life Project, a year-long painting project documenting the number of steps I walk each day. 

While I've sorta upped my walking now that it's warmer (but not hot!) weather, there were 6 days when I walked over 9000 steps (the big black circles), but didn't have either the time or energy to walk 10,000 steps ( the icons in red). I'm disappointed to have much less red in April than I did in March. And there was also that yellow icon in March when I walked over 20,000 steps! Now I have inspiration to walk more in May



The season background color is green. It changed from Teal Blue for Winter to Green for Spring. Summer will be Yellow, and Autumn will be Indian Yellow Hue. When Winter starts again in December, I'll change the color back to Teal Blue.

The reason I have the background color is to document my daily steps in fractions of 250 steps. As an example, after 2000 steps (which would be the icon with no paint), I'm painting colors to show as close as I can to 2250, 2500, 2750, and then up to 2999, instead of then rounding up to 3000 steps.

Look for updates about May's progress on this painting in early June.