Monday, August 13, 2018

New Work: 12 x 12 x 12 August 2018


12 x 12 x 12 August 2018 is created with leftover pieces of monoprinted fabrics I've had hanging out in my studio. I mounted them on board, and then used acrylic paint to create the green "fence" in the background, and turquoise to fill in the intersections of the orange and yellow "fences" in the foreground.

I've been working on my 
12 x 12 x 12 series since January 2007. I'm now well past the middle of my 12th year. It has given me time to create one 12" x 12" x 1" piece on board each month, no matter how many other things are going on that month. It's a wonderful opportunity for me to experiment with an idea or technique or a combination of both. This series is really about experimentation and creating something on a regular basis, no matter what else is going on in my life. Sometimes I like a piece, and sometimes not.