Friday, December 30, 2016

2016 Art in Review and What’s Coming Up in 2017

In 2016 I continued to use the geometric grids from construction fences as the main part of the imagery of my work. 

The work below that was created or sold in 2016 is not in shown in any particular order. I invite you to click on the links so you can see the work larger or read more information.

New work
each piece is mixed media on 12" x 12" x 1" board


Electric Fences
Public Art painting of two electrical boxes on the Natick Common, at the corner of Routes 135 and 27, in Natick, MA from May 2016 - ?


Fence/Curtain 2.1
Natural Threads 2016, Heritage Museums & Gardens, Sandwich, MA was a temporary public art installation on exhibit from June 4 - October 10, 2016.


Three of the four pieces in a commission were hung in a Massachusetts home! The forth piece is hanging in a home in Vermont. Each piece is 20" x 40" mixed media on wood panels. Thank you to the family who commissioned these paintings!


Work sold

Technicolor Fence Patterns #1 and Technicolor Fence Patterns #3 found new homes. I'd like to say thank you to CRICO in Boston, MA for purchasing them, and to my art consultations for making this happen!  



A collector in Maryland, who purchased Technicolor Fence Patterns #2 in autumn 2015, purchased 12" x 12" x 12 July 2015 in 2016. Thank you to her!


Seasonal Fences - Winter #2, Spring #2, Spring #4, Winter #4, Summer #4, Winter #5, and Autumn #5 have all found a new home thanks to an Art Consultant. They are mixed media on 22" x 10" x 1" cradled board.  

Tallis and Fence #4 found a new home in California. Thank you to the collector! 



What’s Coming Up in 2017

In order to have more time to make art in 2017, I made to the decision to leave the wonderful studio space I shared at ArtSpace in Maynard, Massachusetts for the past 4 years, and to move my studio back home. I will miss the friendships, the beautiful space with huge windows and great light and enough room to print up to 16' of fabric at one time. But, having my studio at home means I can work when I have down time and don't need to spend 30+ minutes in the car to get to or from the studio. Now I can work as time permits, including at night in my pajamas.

In terms of art making, my plan is to continue my 12 x 12 Series into 2017 for my 11th year. I will also be creating a large piece that reflects the dates of my family's milk purchases throughout the year, watching time as the year progresses as I celebrate a milestone birthday. And if time permits, I'll continue working on a series of 9 paintings on 22" x 10" board that I was working on a year ago but have not worked on since. They're more than 50% done.

Please check in to see new work I'll be creating. 

Have a happy, healthy and creative 2017!

Jeanne