Thursday, May 14, 2015

On Exhibit in the UK!



Fractured Fence Repaired #4 will be on exhibit at The Liberated Quilt: New work by Through Our Hands, at the Bilston Craft Gallery, in Bilston, West Midlands, UK, from May 16 - July 25, 2015. For friends and readers in the UK, the opening event is on Saturday, May 16th from 1:30 to 3pm.

The Liberated Quilt provides a showcase for 23 international artists working mainly with stitched textile techniques, including quilt-making and embroidery. My piece, Fractured Fence Repaired #4, is mixed media on stiffened fabric.

This is the first time my work is being exhibited in a gallery in Europe, and I'm very excited about it.  I'm also very happy to be affiliated with Through Our Hands, and I greatly admire the work of the other artists in the group.

Shown above: Fractured Fence Repaired #4, mixed media on stiffened fabric, 47" x 40", 2013