Friday, April 18, 2014

New Work: 12 x 12 x 12 April 2014



After completing a month long Artist-in-Residence at the Hadassah-Brandeis Institute at Brandeis University, I finally got some time to work on my monthly series, resulting in this 12 x 12 x 12 April 2014 painting.

The 12 x 12 x 12 monthly series is my monthly time to play with materials or an idea. For my April piece, I used leftover pieces of painted fabric from my Artist-in-Residence.

This is my eighth year working on this series. Each piece is mixed media on 12" x 12" x 1" board. You can read past posts about this series here on my blog, or see all of the completed work on my website.

My solo show, Under Color, a show of work I created during my Artist-in-Residence, is now on exhibit at the Kniznick Gallery in the Women’s Studies Research Center at Brandeis, through May 22, 2014. The Opening reception is Wednesday, April 23rd from 5 - 7 pm. Please join us if you can.