Friday, March 28, 2014

Artist-in-Residence: Day 9


I finished the second of a collection of chuppahs I'm making as an Artist-in-Residence at the Hadassah-Brandeis Institute, at Brandeis University. It measures 4' x 8'. Please note that the gray on the edges is the wall color, and is not a part of this piece.

Today I'll finish a 8' x 8' chuppah that's made with two 4' x 8' pieces of monoprinted, handstamped, and painted fabric, that will go together as one. I'll post pictures of it over the weekend.

I am at Brandeis weekdays from noon - 5pm through April 11th working on site in the Kniznick Gallery. I'm creating a series of Jewish wedding canopies, or chuppot, to be displayed at an exhibition, Under Color, at the Kniznick Gallery from April 14 - May 22, 2014.

Please feel free to stop by while I'm working in the gallery, or during the exhibit, or both.