Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Artist-in-Residence: Day 6


This is a picture of a 4' x 8' piece of chuppah fabric I finished painting last Friday. It's not finished yet. It needs stitching and some more painting because the pink section has too much pink, but I wanted to share it. 

Yesterday I painted two 4' x 8' pieces of fabric that will go together as an 8' x 8' chuppah when it's done. It's an olive green, purple, and blue violet on white, the colors of hydrangeas. I have plans for it that include cutting into it so there are sections of fabric that fold over and reveal the other side of the fabric.

I also painted a 5' x 5' turquoise and blue fabric, that I'm going to stitch with reds and oranges, and also add red and orange paints. It's going to be bright and cheerful when finished. I might cut it up and reassemble it. We shall see what happens.

When I'm at a good point, I'll stiffen all six of the fabrics I've painted so far, and then I'll trim the white edges off all four sides so they'll be ready for exhibit. 

All of this work is produced as the Artist-in-Residence, at the Hadassah-Brandeis Institute in the Women’s Studies Research Centerat Brandeis. I'll be working on site until April 11th from noon - 5pm. Come visit if you're nearby.